Top 10 List (Pens)
I consider myself a pretty passive person. As in, it takes a lot for me to get mad. In certain situations though, there are just some things that really set me off. If you are anything like me (you know, human and such) I think you can agree with me on some of these. So, I am going to share with you what really grinds my gears. In case you don’t know what that means because you have never watched one of the funniest shows on the planet (*hint, it’s called Family Guy) I am talking about things that bug the crap out of me. Like bugs. Like mosquitoes. Did you know that mosquitoes alone killed 700,000 people last year? They are gross little blood suckers and are so annoying! Oh, right. Moving on…
10. Driving on the interstate. I cannot stand those slow drivers who absolutely REFUSE to let me pass them because they will not get out of the left lane. Thank you for making my hour long commute to work even more of a nightmare.
9. Trying on jeans. No explanation needed.
8. Doing Laundry. Wash, rinse, dry, repeat…wait the reds can’t go with the whites? Oh, well I guess it’s a good thing I look good in pink.
7. Waiting on hold. More specifically, waiting on hold for more than two minutes. I have to call your customer service department because something is not right and instead of servicing your customer you ask me to wait and listen to your elevator music? I could be watching Game of Thrones right now. Dang it.
6. Speaking of waiting, I loathe waiting in line at the store, be it Wal-Mart, the grocery store, or pretty much anywhere else. I’ve never abandoned a cart of frozen food or anything, but if the line is too long and I’m holding just a few items in my hands, I’ve walked away.
5. Buffets. They are so tempting until you realize they are a jack of all trades yet a master of none.
Oh yeah, and then there is the tummy ache you get after you have had five plates to get your “money’s worth” of food.
4. False advertising. If I paid for an “all inclusive” trip to a tropical resort, then you better believe all of my rum and cokes should be included.
3. Loud commercials on T.V. I know DVR has solved most of this problem, but I still jump off my couch alarming my dog who starts barking (loudly) when the characters on my show seem to be whispering and that stinking Verizon commercial seems to be slowly causing hearing loss.
2. Texting and driving. This epidemic has taken the world’s teenagers by storm and at the same time putting drivers everywhere at risk. If your eyes are on the phone, they are not on the road people!! Think about it. At the sake of sounding like a PSA announcement, it can wait.
AND, the #1 thing that grinds my gears…
1. PENS THAT DON’T WORK!!
I know this is a new techie world, where people usually reach for their keyboard instead of their pens, but they are not obsolete. Yet. Nothing bothers me more, then when I want/need to write something down and I have to try at least five different pens before I can get one to work. Sometimes, it can be hard to find the right one. Not to mention, there are like ten trillion that we sell, so how can one choose from the selection? Without any guidance, the task would be like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. Yikes. So, I am going to make it rather simple for you. I am going to tell what pen to choose and why.
First up, ranking the very highest throughout the Show Your Logo Staff, we have this retractable pen by Ink Joy.
This bad boy was the top pick among everyone here. It comes in ten colors! Hey, it’s important. It also has a thin, modern and stylish body with an extended rubberized grip for maximum comfort. This particular pen features smooth gel ink that never smears! Are you a left- handed writer? Fear smudges no longer with this helpful tool! This pen writes so smoothly I have even heard the word “sexy” used to describe its writing power. Hold on, it’s sexy? I’m sold. The best feature that this pen has, other than lasting forever AND being retractable, is that we can get them for an outstandingly good price with your logo on it.
We did have a few that made the “honorable mention” list.
Apparently, the “hourglass” modern shape and ability to use it on your smart phone makes this pen a popular pick.
This pen has the old school feel of the original retractable pen. Its thin ink makes it precise and good for everyday writing. It is light and durable and simply just gets the job done.
Lastly, we have the the Ultra Tropical Pen.
This beauty has no magic writing power.
What makes this pen so special is that it comes in very pretty tropical colors.
It can truly make you feel like you are on a tropical paradise vacation even from your cubical. Okay, maybe not so much, but the pen is nice to look at.
‹ All Blog Posts